ecomii - a better way
April 20, 2018  |  Login
 
Bee Stings
 
by James F. Balch, M.D. and Mark Stengler, N.D.

When a bumblebee or a honeybee attacks, it leaves its stinger and attached venom sac in the skin. In most cases, the sting creates only slight pain, swelling, and irritation. It is more of a nuisance than a concern. However, look for signs of an allergic reaction, such as swollen eyelids or hands, difficulty breathing or wheezing, dizziness, fainting, nausea, vomiting, and the appearance of a hive-like rash. For these symptoms, go immediately to the emergency room or your doctor's office. The bee sting can be fatal in people who are allergic to its venom.

Other insects, including fire ants, paper wasps, hornets and yellow jackets, are capable of stinging, but they do not leave stingers in their victims.

 
Next 
Next: Tips for Avoiding a Bee Sting
** PLEASE DESCRIBE THIS IMAGE **
 

 
 
ecomii featured poll

Vote for your Favorite Charity

 

 

the ecomii healthy eight
1 Vitamin C   5 Soy Isoflavones
2 Red Yeast Rice   6 Cholesterol
3 Food Allergies   7 L-Theanine
4 Calcium   8 Grapefruit Seed
ecomii resources
 
ecomii Tips Newsletter 

Sign up today to receive a weekly tip for living greener

 
Get in Touch

Got suggestions? Want to write for us? See something we could improve? Let us know!